Thursday, June 24, 2010

Update on my life...

Ok, this thing I want to do...

Step 2 is done. DH is supporting me 100%, I was a bit petrified about that one, don't know why, but seeing as I will throw the entire apple cart of the de Villiers household on it's head, it was probably normal to feel that way. BUT he is fine with it. Have already started making plans as to how we will manage it. SO YEAH! There is already favour on the situation, now just to get the definite answer and to get through the selection process (ugh, really hope I make it) - application handed in, waiting for a reference, then I need to send supporting documents. And there will probably be an admissions test, so have to figure out HOW I am going to get through that one...

Other than that, we are (finally) doing very well. We were all sick in a row, first J, then me, then DH, then I had to have my tonsils taken out and have a septoplasty. FARKING HELL is all I can say, seriously, I will go through all my preggy friends' labours for them FOR FREE rather than to ever have to go through that again, it was pure agony, I am NOT a pissy, but that, that was torture. Lucky you can only do it ONCE.

J is busy cutting his first eye-tooth (bottom left), toothie no.13 in total. He also started sleeping with his cot sides down as of Monday. Night 1, no thuds, night 2 we had 2 and this morning he was sleeping on the floor on the matress... Shame...

DH and I have initially thought of starting TTC with #2 in July of this year, and if (hoping) little bean sticks in the first few months we were hoping to have this bundle of joy in our arms by the time J-man is around 2. BUT things again have changed, we were initially looking at a bigger house first (which have now taken a backslide to my prospective future plans, so we are considering renovating and adding an additional room to our existing house - now, just to get past body corporate - assholes) So we have decided to start trying, without trying around November/December, seeing that I am still on the pill till end October. Also after 9 months of pregnancy, 1 year of breastfeeding (expressing) I wanted to give my body a WELL DESERVED break, selfish? I don't know, I just need some "me" time first. AND with J walking since April and just getting CUTER by the day, we are really enjoying him SO much at the moment, that we honestly don't want to share him with a sibling at the moment, even more selfish? Whatever. I LOVE playing with him and being able to pick him up and run after him, they are quite a handful when they are mobile hey, SO different to crawling. There were times I thought, oh oh, I am pregnant, sometimes really wished it was so, but I know the time will come when we are ALL ready to share.

We got J a dog for his birthday (a labrador named Sam) - DON'T DO IT!!! He is lovely, but it just gets confirmed to me daily, that I AM NOT a dog person, NOT at all, I HATE slobber. I LOVE cats, yes, they are aristocratic and keep to themselves, but they are so much less of a pain in the ass.

Well, ya, not much more to report on, so let me get back to my braindead job...

Will keep you posted on the future plans, hoping to have clarity soon.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds very very exciting :) Can't wait to read more updates.

    Glad to hear Joshua is doing well and getting cuter by the day! Sweetness!

    ReplyDelete