Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Spanner in the wheel...

So, turns out I do not have to write the placement tests, seeing that I already wrote them in my matric year, I never knew what the results were, but I didn't get selected then. Once written, it's over, you don't get seconds.

For me, selection will take place the following way:
Matriculants before 2008 have to have at least a D symbol in both Maths and Physical Science on Higer Grade - DONE
I have to have passed atleast 8 x semester subjects OR 4 x year subjects in the first year of study at any tertiary institution, in any degree. - DONE

THEN the spanner - I have to submit a proof of my full academic record in January 2011, stating that I passed ALL the registered subjects in the year of application - FARK!!!

Provisional selection - September 2010 (based on application and academic records submitted)
Final selection - January 2011 - based on exam results of OCT/NOV 2010...

I knew writing these tests would have been tough, but I was kind of prepared for it. Now EVERYTHING is based on the coming exams and I am already stressing, there are some tough subjects and phew, this means (not as if it wasn't before) but, now really, THE BALL IS ALL IN MY COURT. It's make or break, I have to study my a$$ off for something I am not going to even do for the rest of my life, to be able to do something I always wanted. WEIRD twist on life...

Let the studying begin, seeing as I kind of mentally started shutting down towards the Quantity Surveying, now I have to FOCUS!!!

Here's to straight A's or atleast straight passes!

2 comments:

  1. sussa jy gaan dit pass!! en met flying colours!!! jy gaan die beste dr ooit wees!!!! mwah!!

    ReplyDelete