Friday, September 18, 2009

Anti-depressants??? WTF!

Let's update work first: Ok, first 2 days come and gone... Was good, we are actually busy moving office, so I came back to a HEAP of boxes, dust, piles of rubbish etc. So not really "working" merely packing at this stage. (I really really really hoped they would actually have been done with this and I would just walk into the brand spanking new offices, but no luck there)

Anyway, the day is over fast, just when you think "what time is it?" then it's home time, I love it. Although I miss my boy, I know school is good, I also need some outside stimulation and we enjoy the afternoons together again, I pick him up at 13:00 unless I do some shopping first... Haven't yet, but will sometime.

So back to the anti-depressants. Gynae gave me Eglynol for milk stimulation seeing that Josh is only breastfed in the mornings when he wakes up and I really want to express bottles for him for school, but the supply took a knock... So he gave me that. 2 x 3 per day... Good, I popped them, milk came, I am happy... He said when the supply picks up, then I can decrease to 1 x 3 per day or 2 x 2 per day or whatever works for me, it is flexible and I can adjust as I feel needed, more or less... So I am now on 1 x 2 per day... Now, I didn't even read the insert or anything, but last weekend when I went to my grandpa's practice just for a scan to see if the cyst is still there we started talking about the Eglynol. And only then did I find out it's an anti-depressant! Oh my heck, I was shocked. I am fine with drinking it, but NO WONDER I was all floopy and happy and nothing can phase me... I actually had a good laugh about this. Apparently (and I am sure you knew P) one of the side-effects is the stimulation of milk... Oh and the insert CLEARLY says, not to use while pregnant or lactating... Ummmmm, ya.

That just was the funniest thing ever... I still chuckle about it... Me and my anti-depressant-milk-producers.... Ha ha ha!

PS. I send him to school with a 200-250ml bottle of breastmilk to be taken first after his porridge (upon arrival) and then he gets 2 x 200ml formula bottles, but he doesn't finish both for the day. So all in all he is on more breastmilk still during the day than formula and then LOADS of solids, this child of mine LOVES eating. We also had our first taste of avo yesterday, will try again today...

PPS. For the first time since the birth, I am back to a 28-day cycle, YIPPIE!

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Well it seems to work for you Monz! Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also put on it and it made n diff, I still had little to nothing milk! my mom also used it back in the day, made her skin crawl and see spiders running up the walls and again no diff to the milk supply!
    Glad to hear that it actually works, atleast for some mommies :) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yip, me too! Took the edge off. It actually says Schizophrenia on the pamphlet! FREAKY! I loved mine! I found that when I take more 3 hours before I want to express it works great! So i took all 3 for the day at about 3 and teh expressed when I put him to bed!

    Good luck Monz!

    ReplyDelete