Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I am a sucker...

For anything subcribe'ish, those little thingies that comes with the magazines and is all candy coated and has got blinkies and nice thingies to it. Free gifts, subscribe now... Bla bla bla... I am on the brink of joining leisure books... (I am actually keeping my cool on this one) But I want it all.

I have done:
The art of calligraphy (halfway through I stopped)
Art course (completed)
Treasures of the earth (ok, still in primary school and made my parents the suckers here and also stopped about halfway, how interesting can a rock be, really?)
Dinosaurs (also primary school)
Bugs (again parents = suckers, because I nagged)
Oh, and I have done "Astrology" which at that stage (high school) was just "cool" and I only later realised it was a bit dodgy with all the tarot cards and crap. I didn't know much about the spirit world (Christian) at that stage and didn't know that these things are actually really bad ass, so I burnt it all... Good riddens...

And now, I have started for Josh, I have already subscribed to the disney book club (just to start early) and have already got 10 books (well, because I was a member when I was younger and man, those stories are awesome, no?) and now I have also done Arthur, a.k.a "Funny bones" from deagostini: http://www.deagostini.co.za/funnybones/
This 1.1m skeleton that you build monthly with all the goods: brains, eyes, lungs, skin (I think), heart and what nots. Because? Because, I am scared that when he is at the age where he would want it, it would no longer be available. Sooooooooo.

I am getting him all this stuff to keep for ONE DAY, ONE DAY hoping he might be at all interested in the human body for one and interested in something that might possibly be lame at that stage. As the recommended age is 8 and up!!! Ya, shocker...

Ag I don't know, maybe I am getting it because I like it, after all, I wanted to be a doctor when I was younger, things just didn't work out... I am fascinated by the human body and all, so maybe it's more for me. I just can't wait (8 years from now) to build this freakin awesome skeleton with him... It's gonna be fun!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, Monz, jy klink soos ek! Ek het die 'doll's house' ding gedoen, jare terug al... Die hele reeks gekry, maar dit nog nie eers BEGIN aanmekaar sit nie. Nou is dit alles goed & wel, ek kan dit vir meisiekind aanmekaar sit as sy bietjie groter is, maar 1) Ek het nie tyd nie en 2) Ons het nie PLEK nie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee hee!!! Ek is bly ek is nie alleen nie!!!

    ReplyDelete