Saturday, August 22, 2009

WTF!!!

Directly taken from OPM (with minor adjustments and an update), as I have been contemplating how to write this, I still feel kak, but things seem to go better...

"Ok, so, the solids thing, he LOVES it, eats cereal in the morning, veggies in the afternoon and fruits in the evening. His milk took a back slide which I was a bit worried about, but I always made sure he got milk FIRST then solids...

And he ate like a champ, finished a purity 80ml sized serving in one go...

Took him to be weighed today (21.4 weeks), 6.49kg's, 66.5cm, head 41.5cm
BUT, and this is were the k@k came in, at his 16 week weigh-in, he was 6.45kg, YUP, you guessed it, only gained like 40g!!!! At 16 weeks he was 63cm and 39cm head, so he has grown, but not as much as I would have liked, the nurse is not too concerned, he is still healthy and all, he is strong, alert and all his other thingies is on track, but I am in stress mode here!!!

She said the cereal in the morning is fine, but I should stop with the fruits and veggies as it has no nutritional value at this stage of their development, it's mainly for taste and texture and to teach them how to eat... And it makes him fuller, so he isn't as interested in milk then. And I know milk is the no.1 priority at the moment... Sigh...

I should give him supplementary feeds, mix, to start with to get him used to the taste, half breastmilk with half formula just in the mornings (with his cereal) and again in the evening and he must drink more on the breast (reason why we need to cut the fruits and veggies for now)

I feel so KAK! I was so sure he was fine, well he is, but you know what I mean, I expected a little more gain with the solids and seeing that he LOVED it so much, I was fine with it.

I am sticking to the S26 Gold that I still have for now, to see how the mixing goes first and then I'll alter if he still doesn't want it...

Sorry, but I am feeling sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo super stupid at this moment."

**UPDATE**

I have tried mixing the breastmilk and formula, doesn't work, have tried formula on it's own, doesn't work, have shoved it in his mouth, makes himself puke...

My SIL bought me some NUK standard bottles in Washington as a gift from over the seas (in lekker afrikaans accent), but they are No.2 teats. As I have a complete collection of wide neck bottles and no.1 teats in all kinds of flows already, I didn't bother to replace the standard teats with no.1's, he will be in the no.2 range withing a month, then I can use that, it just seemed like a waste of money... Bless you SIL, if it wasn't for the gift, I would have never thought of this...

SOOooooooo... Out of pure frustration and desperation I tried those specific bottles and the no.2 teats yesterday... Uh hum, he drank it, you guessed it... 110ml and again 130ml at bed time...

So whatever, I am not even trying to figure out what it is with him, he drinks juice, teas, water, breastmilk, you name it from wide neck's, for some reason, he doesn't want his formula in wide neck's, I don't know, don't ask me. But apparently I was just as fussy, my parents had to drive from store to store for the specific cheap cafe dummy I liked... So.... Let's not go there.

So, in all, he is still getting cereal in the morning only, and 2 bottles of 120ml formula per day, the rest of the time he is still on the breast...

Problem solved, for now... Next weigh in - 3 September... Let's se how it goes!

Men.... **

1 comment:

  1. Ai tog, ek voel jou pyn!!!

    Jay het ook NET uit die standard bottel sgedrink aan die begin en NET daai aaklige GEEL tiete! Puke! Ek het dit gehad! Dis net nie cool nie! hehe

    Hy is nou op sy Tommee Tippee en LOVE dit! Soek GLAD nie n ander bottel nie en gelukkig flatten hy sy 175ml op n slag 4 x per dag, maar dis BLYKBAAR nie genoeg nie!

    Ons seuns mess met ons!!!! Serkte girl, kom ons hoop dit gaan beter op 2 September! xxx

    ReplyDelete