Friday, August 14, 2009

It's MINE!!!!

WTF! I NEVER thought I'd see this day, yes there are some others on facebook that I share the name with (but so far I am the oldest, so I WAS FIRST), but it's no one I know personally and have never met.

Now this girl I went to school with decided, "well, let's name my daughter Monzelle..." She wasn't even my friend that I spent time with after school, just a random girl I know from school and spoke to and stuff, but we never took it outside the school grounds... Now look, I am flattered, with a topping of rage at the moment. If I decided to name my girl Jahni (only one I could think of that is not just ordinary) or something out of the ordinary and I KNOW someone with the same name, I would ASK first. Did she ask me? NO!!! (I would have said yes, but I don't want to be randomly informed just via facebook statusses, I want to KNOW these things!)

She was probably just like, "hey hubby, I've got a name: Monzelle", "oh" he'd say, "where did you hear that?", "just heard it, random, some (SOME!!) girl from school" I WASN'T JUST SOME GIRL!!! I was unique!!! It's MINE!!! You should ask me first!

Ok, maybe I am over reacting and if I could copyright my name I'd copyright it SO fast it would make her head spin, but I HATE this, I don't like having people use MY name, my personal blueprint to who I am, my uniqueness... MINE MINE MINE!!!!

Ok, I feel a bit better now, this might seem strange, but I am strange like that. What's mine and what makes me unique is personal... Ugggghhhhhhh!

I always had this stupid idea in my head that because I can't find a meaning to my name, I would create one, I would live my life so that one day when they try and find a meaning to the name, I would be the example of what it should be... I would give meaning to it... And now, it has become ordinary...

9 comments:

  1. Monzelle, such a pretty name!

    It can never become Ordinary, because you (your personality a.k.a the essence of you) makes your name special.
    Think of it this way, they are impersonators, they inspired by you, they all want to be like you.

    Isn't it nice to know you being idolised?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl, and I am flattered, was just very surprised by it all and a bit in shock... Still weird for me, but hey as you say. They are the followers!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your name is unique, never heard it before! Did your parents ever say why they decided on your name? I must say I cant picture you with any other 'everyday' name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mel, apparently my grandma choose it, not related to anything or anyone, just "made it up"... I do love it and maybe that is why I feel so "violated" if that is the right word to use, cause I always felt it was just mine... Ag I am over it... I suppose... I think what I am scared of, is if more people use it, the more ordinary it becomes... That's what freaks me out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning name! Ek sal ook peed wees as ek jy was! Dis JOUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell her you charge a fee for letting people use your name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great name: Easy to spell, easy to pronounce. But it is a tad creepy!
    I would think it bizarre if someone named their child after me. My parents screwed up a perfectly easy name (Jani), by inserting a silent "h". Why, I don't know. It seems that drinking water was full of mind-altering chemicals in the eighties...

    ReplyDelete